Canceling a Loan

If you wish to cancel an undisbursed or disbursed Federal Direct Loan you may email the Office of Financial Aid at and make your request. Please be sure to include the following:

  • Full Name
  • Columbia State Community College Identification Number (“A” number located on the back of your student ID) – Please do not include your social security number.
  • The type of loan you are asking to cancel (i.e. subsidized or unsubsidized).
  • The amount you wish to cancel (please be sure to include a specific amount or state that you wish the loan to be canceled in full).
  • The term for which you want the loan canceled (fall/spring/summer with appropriate year).

Notice: The Office of Financial Aid cannot reduce or cancel disbursements for which you have already received a refund check unless the loan refund amount is returned to the business office during the same academic year it was received.